Sunday, April 18, 2010

Angry house

Funny how I thought this place had everything I wanted. Close to work, MRT directly under the block, just outside the ERP gantry.

Since getting the keys, I have been making trips to peek at it after work before the contractors take a sledgehammer through the place. Every time I am downstairs, instead of feeling like I am coming home to my sanctuary, I feel agitated. The crowd downstairs, the smells the heat. So I decided to call it the angry house.

Today Bacteria Boy offered to help remove the butt ugly wardrobe with a circular saw and a crowbar. I think he had fun till he realized he had to slice a full sized wardrobe into 20cm strips so that it could fit into the rubbish chute. Heh

I really don't understand why interior designers and contractors are so reluctant to finish a floor with cement and forgo having tiles. I always liked the raw cement look. The excuses given are:

It will crack.
The house will lose value.
It will trap dirt.
It will not be waterproof.
It will get dusty.

My question is why is it that I am seeing so many cement floors in architecture books? How are they dealing with those issues?

What's wrong with having cement first and if it looks really bad later, I get to tile over and have 2 different floor experiences.

Oh yeah and there is always epoxy floor sealing.

Ok on a side note here are some links some frameless doors that I so love love love. Well not like I can afford them but a girl can dream can't she?

http://www.linvisibile.it/en/the-products/vertical-pivot-system/photo-gallery/;48

And here is another one by Porro


No comments: