Sunday, August 17, 2008

When someone smiles and says "hi", say hi back.

Okay here is a quick post. Day three we took the menu to the sidewalks in chalk. There were a few friendly people who dropped by stared and said hi which was nice.

There were others that gave strange looks and didnt know what to say when I smiled and said hi. 

This brought me back the conversations I had waiting for sets at the line up when surfing with Jonni the owner of school of surf . One of his many recycled jokes included how he was telling me when he used to do visa runs to Singapore, people would dress in black and not know how to react when you smile at them and started to look at your all you weird. Something I always  dismissed as one of his many recycled and overused jokes. 

 So next time if someone says "Hi" just say "Hi" back.

2 comments:

Lucil said...

do you read egullet or davidlebovitz??

gelatoadventures said...

I have heard about david lebovitz's book but it has not been in stock in the local borders the few times that i have been there. Egullet I have not heard of but it looks like what I have been searching for but haven't been able to find. Thanks for the recommendation.